Minggu, 22 Februari 2009
Oscars 2009 Beauty: Natalie Portman
“My inspiration for Natalie on Oscar night was her dress," explained Jeanine Lobell. The colour was a fantastic orchid, and being Rodarte, I wanted to do cool punk rock sexy fairy make up.”
Jeanine was going for a smoky eye, and used Chanel Silky Eye Shadow Duo in Orient Express. She used the pale pink as a base and the dark purple smoked around the eye on the lid and smudged in lower lash line. She added Chanel Intense Eye Pencil in Noir inside the eye, and lots of Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Noir-Black for thick sexy lashes. She used Chanel Perfect Brows in Brun, using the two colours to make a strong brow, but keeping it soft. Jeanine then used Chanel Powder Blush in Narcisse, a flattering, bright pink shade, high on the cheekbones. She then added Chanel Glossimer in Galactic for a more pale lavender lip. Finally, for a sexy, bronze sheen, Jeanine applied Chanel Sheer Brilliance in Sunkissed on Natalie’s arms, shoulders, and décolleté.
Kevin Mancuso, Creative Director for Nexxus Salon Hair Care, created the modern and romantic updo worn by presenter Natalie Portman. With a sweeping side part and soft curl, pinned into a beautiful knot at the nape of her neck, the look was deceptively easy to create. Kevin described how to get the look below in a few simple steps.
Get the Look
* Apply a volumizing styler to the roots, like Nexxus Root Exxtend Volumizing Root Lifter, to add body into the hair.
* Distribute a medium-hold mousse, such as Nexxus Mousse Plus Volumizing Foam Styler, throughout hair to and maintain and support the structure of the style. More modern updos employ product instead of teasing to build body, for a softer, healthier look.
* Blow dry hair with a large round brush, concentrating on the ends to smooth the hair.
* After drying, use a medium sized curling iron throughout the hair to create uneven waves and set the shape around the face.
* Once curled, create side part and pull hair back and away from the face.
* Then, take various sized sections of the curled hair and twist and pin back to create the updo.
* Insert an elegant, decorative pin above the updo to draw attention to the intricate details of the style.
* Finish look with a light-weight hairspray, like Nexxus Comb Thru Natural Hold Design and Finishing Mist, to help secure the style throughout the evening.